Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods first trailer is released, which will feature more of the Shazam Family later this year, and has finally been released.
However, the official title of the DC sequel was revealed at the DC FanDome in August 2020, but we’ve had to wait patiently for any other details. Shazam 2 reunites the creative team that made the first film a joy to watch.
Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods – Release date
The upcoming American superhero film Shazam! Fury of the Gods is based on the DC Comics character Shazam. It is intended to be the sequel to Shazam! (2019) and the 12th film in the DC Extended Universe, produced by New Line Cinema, DC Films, and The Safran Company, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures (DCEU).
It stars Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Rachel Zegler, Adam Brody, Ross Butler, Meagan Good, Lucy Liu, Djimon Hounsou, and Helen Mirren. David F. Sandberg directs it from a screenplay by Henry Gayden and Chris Morgan.
Shazam! The release date for Fury of the Gods in the United States is December 21, 2022.
The first Shazam! the trailer has arrived! Fury of the Gods was revealed to the public on July 23, 2022, at the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC). So, the new trailer introduces us to the sequel’s antagonists for the first time: Helen Mirren, Lucy Liu, and Rachel Zegler, who play the Titan Atlas’ daughters, have to go head to head with powers, unlike anything they’ve ever seen before.
The one-minute trailer, set to Eminem’s Business, doesn’t reveal much about the plot. Still, it does promise plenty of the comedy that defined the first film, including Zachary Levi venting to a pediatrician.
The first two new Shazam! Images have arrived! Fury of the Gods depicts Billy Batson’s foster family as teenagers and adults dressed in superhero outfits.
Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods Storyline
Shazam! Fury of the Gods reintroduces Zachary Levi as the film’s hero and Asher Angel as his high school alter ego, Billy Batson. Rachel Zegler also appears in the film as one of the Daughters of Atlas, a godly group with no comic book backstory who appear to be the villains this time.
Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu star as Hespera and Kalypso, respectively, as the Daughters of Atlas. Returning actors include Meagan Good, Jack Dylan Grazer, Adam Brody, Ross Butler, and Grace Fulton.
- Zachary Levi as Shazam.
- Asher Angel as Billy Batson: a teen and foster child who, by saying “Shazam!” becomes a superhero.
- Jack Dylan Grazer as Frederick “Freddy” Freeman: Billy’s foster brother who is physically disabled and a fan of superheroes.
- Adam Brody is Freddy’s adult superhero form.
- Rachel Zegler as Anthea: a daughter of Atlas.
- Ross Butler as Billy’s younger foster brother Eugene Choi, an obsessive gamer, takes on the adult superhero form. Ian Chen plays Eugene’s adolescent counterpart.
- Meagan Good is the adult superhero form of Billy’s good-natured younger foster sister Darla Dudley.
- Lucy Liu as Kalypso: a daughter of Atlas.
- Djimon Hounsou as Shazam: an ancient wizard who gave Billy his powers after naming him as champion.
- Helen Mirren as Hespera: a daughter of Atlas.