Queen of the South Season 6 is the most awaited season of the series, But will it happen? If not then why it was canceled, Here we have every detail. A crime thriller, “Queen of the South” is another drama series that would excite and enthrall you.
First released in the year 2016, the show has come a long way. It has completed premiering of five seasons and a sixth season is what the fans are in anticipation of. Created by M.A Fortin and Joshua John Miller, this crime drama series is rough, fierce, and stirring.
Why Queen of the South Season 6 will not happen?
As per Newsweek, The production house did announce something regarding Queen of the South Season 6 and we are a bit sad too. The announcement declared that Season 5 will be the last and the final season. A season 6 is not in making and therefore won’t release.
The update had come up by the show-runners prior to the release of season 5 only. They thanked the audience for the love they received and also urged them to watch season 5 with utmost intensity. They also said that they tried to work best to provide the deserved ending to this series.
Since Queen of the South Season 6 isn’t coming out why not have a quick recap of the first 5 seasons?
Season 1 – 5: Quick recap of the five seasons
- Season 1 – the first season of “Queen of the South” made a debut on June 23, 2016. Comprising of 13 episodes, the finale was aired on September 15 the same year. The first season follows Teresa’s life after the death of her boyfriend. Along with a mystery notebook, a gang of smart buddies, and loyal friend, Teresa is relieved to a point.
- Season 2 – has made a debut on June 8, 2017, the second season also comprised 13 episodes. A new life with a sudden hit of the past, Teresa encounters tons of new things in her journey. Were you alongside her through this? The finale for the same came out in August 2017 and was watched by millions.
- Season 3 – released in the month of June the very next year, the third season of this series was no less in competition. Portraying Teresa’s idea of building her own empire and fighting with all her hurdles and enemies. 13 episodes of this season were released between June 21 to September 13, 2018.
- Season 4 – Season 4 of “Queen of the South was released in June 2019. Following the plot of the previous season, Teresa builds up her empire and turns out to be a legitimate businesswoman. But well gangsters, enemies, and politicians never want it to be easy. Do you recall the obstacles that came her way?
- Season 5 – The fifth season was released post-pandemic in April last year. Following our lead’s legacy and savage attitude, the season was sort of a good ending to the show.
We know as a fan you would have needed more of the show but the show had to bid goodbye to us. The fifth season was the last and binding one and we expect you to have watched it completely. If not, the time is now to complete the show and then move on to a similar show.