As the British royal family continued to pay respect to Queen Elizabeth II after her passing, more information about Prince Harry’s time in the UK emerged.
According to The Telegraph, the 38-year-old prince Harry was notified five minutes before the formal announcement on September 8 that his 96-year-old grandmother had died – and was the “last to know.”
According to the British newspaper, King Charles III contacted Harry while still on his way to Scotland’s Balmoral Castle. When he arrived, Buckingham Palace had notified the public of the queen’s death.
In a rare response to the Daily Mail on Sunday, September 18, hours before the queen’s formal burial on Monday, September 19, a representative for the king responded to the claims.
” The statement said, “The public was only told once every family member had been informed,” without specifying when Harry was informed.
According to Us Weekly, Harry was on his way to meet the queen after the palace declared that physicians were “concerned” about her health. At the time, Charles and his siblings, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, and Prince William, visited Scotland.
Harry, for one, came here from London because he and Meghan Markle, who will relocate to the United States in 2020, were due to present at the WellChild Awards.
Also Read: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrive hand-in-hand in Germany for the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games.
Here is what more Prince Harry shared he was the last to know about Queen’s Death.
Harry and Meghan, 41, rejoined with his family members for many trips, including speaking to mourners who lined the streets of Windsor on September 10 and during a ceremony at Westminster Hall on September 14.
On Saturday, September 17, two days before the monarch’s official burial on Monday, the brothers stood guard over the queen’s casket for a last vigil outside the Hall.
While the Duke of Sussex was given last-minute permission to wear his military uniform for Saturday’s celebration — he was stripped of his titles when he and Meghan stepped down from their senior royal roles in 2020 — Harry was not in uniform for the state burial on Monday.
Prince Andrew, stripped of his titles after being accused of s*xual assault, was likewise not dressed in uniform. However, both princes were present in the procession that led the queen’s coffin into Westminster Abbey and escorted her to Wellington Arch after the funeral.
Charles’ comment regarding the Telegraph claim comes after he gave Harry and Meghan a short mention in his first speech as king, along with their children Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 15 months.
“I also want to convey my affection for Harry and Meghan as they establish their life abroad,” he stated on September 9.
According to royal scholar Gareth Russell, the comment was an “olive branch” from the monarch to his younger son: “I believe the king has made it quite obvious that he wishes to bridge the divide.” Of course, family relationships are always tricky, but I believe we can all understand that there is a considerable lot of grief.”
While Harry and Meghan attended the burial on Monday, there were contradictory stories about why they didn’t participate in a reception held by Charles the night before.
“A Palace spokesman has reaffirmed this morning that Sunday’s state event is ‘for working royals only,'” royal reporter Omid Scobie tweeted on Saturday after reporting that the duke and duchess will be there. “There has been no more statement or explanation on why the Sussexes were invited (and now seem to be uninvited).”
One thought on “Prince Harry Found Out About Queen’s Death 5 Minutes Before the News Was Made Public”