Great Pretender Season 2 Updates: A Japanese crime, comedy anime television series, Great Pretender, is written by Ryota Kosawa and created by Wit Studio. In 2019, Wit Studio revealed that they are preparing to produce a new 23-episode anime series, directed by Hiro Kaburagi.
Yutaka Yamada would create the music. The series was released by Netflix Japan on June 2, 2020, till the 14th episode. A trailer of Great Pretender (English dubbed) released in late July 2020, the series was released on Netflix US on August 20, 2020, and here too only 14 episodes were broadcasted.
The series released as blocks of episodes every week, known as ‘case’.Each case had several episodes. Case 1 known as ‘Los Angeles Connection’ consists of episodes 1 to 5. Case 2 known as ‘The Singapore Sky’ consists of episodes 6 to 10. Case 3 known as ‘Snow of London’ consists of episodes 11 to 14.
The Plot of Great Pretender:
The story is about a Japanese man Makoto Edamura who decides to be a con-artist because of the circumstances. He later joins Laurent Thierry, a gentleman thief. Both of them get entangled in swindling a powerful mafia don for a fake drug dealer who has a reputation of a film producer.
Voice cast and Characters :
• The protagonist, Makoto Edamura is voiced by Chiaki Kobayashi (Japanese) and Alan Lee (English)
• An expert French con-man and a reputed playboy, Laurent Thierry is voiced by Junichi Suwabe (Japanese) and Aaron Philips(English)
• An athletic and taciturn woman who is Laurent’s right hand, Abigail Jones is voiced by Natsumi Fujiwara(Japanese) and Kausar Mohammad (English)
• A manipulative and charming woman, one of Laurent’s associate, Cynthia Moore is voiced by Mie Sonozaki (Japanese) and Laura Post (English)
• One of the other Laurent’s associates and a Korean con-woman, Kim So Woon is voiced by Kujira (Japanese) and Karen Huie ( English)
• Edamura’s boss during his first job, Kudo is voiced by Yohei Tadano (Japanese) and Mike Pollock (English)
Release Date of Great Pretender season 2
As stated earlier, Great Pretender has a total of 23 episodes so it is confirmed that the next Case i.e., Case 4 will be released and it consists of episodes from 15-23. We can think of Great Pretender to be a “two-cour” or “split-cour” anime. Due to the absence of an official announcement Great Pretender Case 4 or Great Pretender Season 2 is expected to be released in late 2020 or early 2021. The wait does not seem to belong. For further updates, stay tuned!